Sunday, September 6, 2009

Improving Student Podcast/What I Learned

Honestly, this podcast bored me to tears(no offence). I'll first start off by saying that the video lacked any enthusiasm. In order for the audience to be interested, the people doing the podcast need to show interest in what they are talking about. Another thing that bothered me was that no one was looking at the camera. As the viewer, I almost felt excluded out of the conversation because they were all talking among themselves. No one was directing any questions or information towards the audience. Also, I didn't like that there were scripts on the table. I feel that it should flow more freely as though the person you're talking too is standing right in front of you. Of course I realize that these students were probably nervous, and this was their first podcast. I'm not trying to be over critical; I'm just giving an opinion.

The podcast should have substance while entertaining the audience. I think the music in the videocast should have been more upbeat, and maybe something that everyone listens today on the radio. It's important for the audience to be able to relate to the subject. I would like to see some humor or maybe a skit/play to get the point across.


I've learned just how much I really don't know. There is so much more for me to learn about all of the technology that is out there. I think it's so cool how you can actually download applications like spark notes to your ipod. I didn't even know that was possible. It's also amazing how many schools actually use podcasts/blogging as a means of teaching. It allows the students to show their creativity to the whole world. They are able to experience, and learn so much about the world while they're sitting in class at a computer.

I think it's great that anyone can view what the students are learning in class. It allows parents to simply go online and watch their children. Podcasting is such a wonderful tool to incorporate in the classroom, and it creates so many opportunities for the students.

1 comment: