Sunday, October 4, 2009

Alice Christie/Webquests

webquest sign
Dr. Alice Christie's website is a great source for teachers who want to find a way to incorporate technology in the classroom. I looked at several topics,and found that webquests really got my attention. I have never heard of webquests up until now, and thought it was a great idea to use in school. The teacher gets to set up a scenario, and the children use internet sources to complete the task. For example, I found one webquest in which aliens have come down to Earth, and are asking questions about our planet. The children research internet databases to find the answers to the questions. It is a very creative way to get the children interested in learning.

I would definitely like to use webquests in my classroom. It allows students to be actively involved with technology, and it keeps them from getting bored. Another great thing about webquest is that it encourages critical thinking. It's not memorization or "burp back" learning. This is important because the "burp back" method will not help students learn how to solve problems or think for themselves. Webquests provide a great way for children to explore concepts, and have fun doing so.

1 comment:

  1. I will add Webquests to Project 11 right now! Thanks! If this will help avoid "burp-back education," I am all for it!

    ReplyDelete